Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Little Bit Louder Now

There's no better way to end the week than by listening to a motown acapella group in Penn Station. Kinda erases all negative encounters of the week - ready for a clean slate of craziness on Monday.

They were jamming out to their own version of Shout and it totally made me want to be at a party. I was definitely swaying along. We're not talking some subtle foot-tap mixed with an occassional head-bob - I mean full on swaying. Loving it. And the guy in front of me keeps turning around, grinning, nodding and saying, "They're good, right?" Agreed, sir. They even had a dude playing a large stringed instrument (Sorry, but by the end of the week I'm not up on my orchestra lingo).

And mad props to them for ending the number with, "If you're drunk come sing along! ...If you're sober we don't wanna hear from ya!" Soo wish I'd made a pitstop at Rose's* beforehand because no doubt I'd be swaying and singing.

And a belated shout-out to last Friday's patron of the week: the guy who sat down on the shuttle and said "It smells like liquor on this train! Is it me?!"


*Rose's - Penn Station = 4 bucks for a gigantic cup of beer...You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment