Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Group Hug and Galaxy Cluster

So, me and 20 of my new friends just joined in a group hug on the 6. I thoroughly enjoy group hugs, but I usually prefer them to be over something more inspiring than another almost blizzard. Though group hugs are so rare, I guess you gotta take them when you can get them huh?

I forgot that my alarm was set to go off at 9 - which turned out to be the exact second that I piled onto the subway - and I thought jeez these people are going to hate bc there's no way I can get to my phone to make it stop. But luckily the pressure of the group hug took care of it for me.

Fortunately the MTA was overcompensating for last week's blizzard delays because the back to back trains made it easier to deal with the fact that I couldn't get onto the 2 trains that came and went in the time I was standing there. All the while I was wondering if I'd rather be back in LA where it takes 1+ hours to drive 4 miles - no def don't miss that - but at least while doing that I never had a puddle of ice water in each boot.

Of course by this time, its no longer a puddle - it's formed and ice block around my big toes. Just my big toes though - don't really get that. I should def invest in rain boots.

While trying to get on the first train, a kind woman inside politely hollered at the other patrons to move in and make room, to which a man told her to get on the next train. "I'm already on it. I'm just trying to make room for the other people. I see a hole over there. Move in." His response was a collection a curse words.He must have had a puddle of ice water in his boots as well. As the doors slid shut she ended it with "Well, I hope you have a nice day sir." To which he responded, "YEAH? Well I hope you have a nice NIGHT!" Really, sir? That's so threatening. Really. The best part, of course, was the jolly man on the platform that leaned in and said "Don't worry miss. He's a crazy person."

But at least I wasn't three hours late to work like last week's blizzard. I actually had time to go to the fancy McDonald's by my office. The one with the virtual fish tank - really? In a McDonald's.Actually, today instead of fish it's footage of vintage boats and a galaxy cluster. Random.

No comments:

Post a Comment